Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||The Harpeth Hall School
||Nashville, TN United States
Director of Equity and Inclusion|
The mission of Harpeth Hall is to educate young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of its community is seen, heard, and valued. Diversity, equity, and inclusion work is essential to that endeavor.
Harpeth Hall seeks an innovative and collaborative leader as its next Director of Equity and Inclusion. The Director will report directly to the Head of School and will work with all constituencies in the school community, including administrators, teachers, staff, parents, students, and alumnae. The Director will implement the DEI goals in Harpeth Hallís current strategic plan and work collaboratively to shape future initiatives to expand the schoolís work in equity and inclusion. Areas of emphasis include the recruitment and retention of diverse students, faculty, and staff; examination of the curriculum and co-curricular programs to ensure best practices around DEI initiatives; promotion of a culturally competent school culture.
The Director will be a leading voice in advancing equity in all aspects of school life and will be integral to creating a more inclusive community that fosters a sense of belonging.
● Strategically lead DEI work on campus
● Work with the Leadership Team to execute and expand Harpeth Hallís DEI strategic goals for the near and long term
● Examine the curriculum and academic policies with individual departments and Academic Council and identify areas where antiracist and anti-oppression teaching can be incorporated
● Serve on the Admission Team and partner with Leadership Team to recruit students, faculty, and staff from underrepresented groups
● Implement on-going DEI training for current faculty and staff
● Work with Division Directors to expand the DEI on-boarding program for new faculty and staff
● Facilitate affinity groups for students, faculty, and parents
● Work with the Admission Team, Division Directors, and Counselors to design and implement a program that supports students and parents from underrepresented backgrounds transitioning into Harpeth Hall.
● Offer opportunities to parents to learn more about DEI issues
● Partner with Communications to create more inclusive materials for both internal and external audiences
● Lead a DEI faculty advisory committee that meets quarterly
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualities and Qualifications:
● Knowledge of DEI best practices with demonstrated success in the field
● Education commensurate with work in secondary education; masterís degree preferred
● Passion for DEI work and a vision for implementation in an educational setting
● Sensitivity and diplomacy in working with groups to advance cultural and racial literacy
● Appreciation of independent school culture and all-girls education
● Awareness of intersectionality within an all-girls environment
The Harpeth Hall School|
Harpeth Hall is an independent college preparatory school for young women where each student realizes her highest intellectual ability in the sciences, the humanities, and the arts, and discovers her creative and athletic talents. Harpeth Hall develops responsible citizens who have global perspectives and make meaningful contributions to their communities and the world. With a tradition of excellence and a commitment to life-long learning, Harpeth Hall educates young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably.