Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||The Opportunity Network
||New York, NY United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Senior Development Manager|
Position: Senior Development Manager
Reports To: Director of Development
Status: Full-time Exempt
Start Date: Immediate
The Opportunity Network (OppNet) is seeking an experienced, motivated, and self-directed Senior Development Manager to lead and support the fundamental operations of our eight-person Development team. We are looking for a candidate who brings Development experience and expertise, and the relevant skills and interest, to step into a fast-paced, growing organization and multi-faceted role.
Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the Chief Advancement Officer, Assistant Director of Individual and Corporate Engagement, and Development Coordinator, the Senior Development Manager will be key to the team’s operations in service of its ambitious revenue goals; be an excellent project manager; and will play a role in advancing all aspects of the team’s cultivation and fundraising, including special events, fundraising appeals, and data management and integrity.
This role requires excellent project management skills and a solid grounding in Development operations and best practices, particularly across data management, individual fundraising, and special events. The Senior Development Manager should be an “expert generalist” in Development, with the skills, relevant experiences,
and resourcefulness to successfully manage and execute projects and communicate with an array of internal and external stakeholders to support a growing organization and expanded Development team.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding project management skills, event planning and self-management experience, robust capability and resourcefulness with data and databases, strong written and verbal communication skills, and superb organization and attention to detail, as well as professionalism and discretion, initiative and resourcefulness, the ability to deftly multi-task, and a willingness to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks.
The ideal candidate will also personally connect to the important work we do and value diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) across the organization. The candidate will demonstrate DE&I values by actively participating in all organizational-wide learning sessions and self-reflection as well as working with others to enact changes that contribute to meeting the organization’s DE&I goals.
This is an ideal position for someone with a strong grounding in Development and is seeking to grow as a Development professional by taking on more responsibility at an organization where their work matters every day.
Since 2003, The Opportunity Network has ignited the drive, curiosity, and agency of students from historically and systematically underrepresented communities to connect them to college access and success, internships, career opportunities, and personal and professional networks. Our two core programs, OppNet Fellows and Partnerships, are anchored in our proprietary Career Fluency® curriculum, which articulates the necessary skills and mindsets for college and career readiness. All of the work OppNet leads is in service of realizing our vision of a nation connected through vibrant communities and networks actively in pursuit of social justice and educational equity – a nation where all young people can freely create their own path to enduring success that honors their passions, ambitions, and full identities.
• Plan and manage the coordination and execution of OppNet’s fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events spanning the annual Gala to smaller events (i.e. virtual fundraisers and “friendraisers”).
• Play an integral role in the planning and implementation of our annual Gala, either in-person (public health permitting) or virtual, along with the Director of Development, Chief Advancement Officer, and Development Coordinator, including:
o Data management protocols for prospects, commitments, and table/ticket purchases and donations;
o Overall project and timeline management to drive team towards successful execution of the event;
o Vendor/venue coordination and management, including new technology platforms/vendors for virtual events;
o Outreach list management to ~2,000 contacts;
o Tracking revenue progress for internal team as well as for external partners, like the Board of Directors, who reach out to their networks on behalf of the evening and drive 90% of event revenue;
o Developing print and digital copy and collateral for Gala materials, and overseeing production and mailing; and,
o Guest list management, among other responsibilities.
Data, Salesforce, and Operations
• Serve as a driver in enhancing Salesforce system for team’s use, along with Director of Development, Assistant Director of Individual and Corporate Engagement, Development Coordinator, and external third-party Salesforce consultants.
• Play a critical role in overseeing data management, entry practices, and data integrity for Development data and lead efforts to improve/enhance usage and data quality, especially around moves management, reporting, and data accessibility and tracking metrics through dashboards for the entire team.
• Oversee running of critical reports on fundraising progress, prospects, and gifts/commitments received for Development team, OppNet leadership/Board, and Finance Department.
• Work closely with Finance on monthly reconciliation of gifts and pledges and shared record-keeping of gift data (with Development Coordinator).
• Oversee Development Coordinator’s maintenance and accessibility of critical supplies and materials for team’s use throughout the year.
• Other responsibilities as they emerge to support the Development team’s core functions and advancement.
Outreach and Fundraising Engagement
• Drive annual giving program, developing a calendar of fundraising appeals, liaising with internal team members and external vendors (i.e. mail houses), executing on copy and list segmentation, and tracking progress toward growing annual giving program and outcomes.
• Identify and execute on additional opportunities for revenue growth, i.e. matching gifts, monthly giving programs, and special campaigns.
• Drive and support development of increased stewardship communications and touchpoints with OppNet’s growing and increasingly segmented donor base that spans major gift prospects, annual fund donors, Gala sponsors and donors, and Corporate Members.
• Manage production of lists and segments for communications and appeals.
• Support in research and profile development for individuals and companies.
• Support engagement of OppNet’s Associate Board of Directors through assisting in preparation for annual meetings (developing the agenda, corresponding with members, and preparing materials) and execution of the group’s collective goals and initiatives.
• Track engagement from OppNet leadership (Board, Associate Board) through preparation of quarterly Activity Reports with Development Coordinator.
Commensurate with experience, plus top-of-the-line medical benefits, retirement plan and vacation policy, accruable comp time and a great work environment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining how your credentials relate specifically to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above, salary requirements, and earliest available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Senior Development Manager” in the subject line.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. accredited college/university.
• 3 – 5+ years of directly related experience in fundraising and events management required.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel are required.
• Experience and proficiency with Salesforce, or a similar database system, and Excel VLOOKUP and Mail Merge is a must.
• Superior and demonstrated project management and organizational skills, including:
o ability to keep multiple projects moving toward successful completion;
o experience with competing deadlines and priorities, and how to manage them;
o familiarity with managing projects against specific budget parameters;
o ability to set and meet deadlines;
o effective intra-team and cross-departmental communication;
o detail oriented;
o outstanding organizational skills; and,
o creative and critical problem-solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to address a range of audiences, including donors, volunteers, Board and Associate Board members, vendors, staff, students, and alumni.
The Opportunity Network|
Founded in 2003, OppNet ignites the drive, curiosity, and agency of underrepresented students on their paths to and through college and into thriving careers, powered by our commitment to access and community. OppNet connects students from historically and systematically underrepresented communities to college access and success, internships, career opportunities, and personal and professional networks through our two programs: 1) OppNet Fellows, an intensive six-year long program starting in 10th grade through to college graduation and 2) Career Fluency® Partnerships, our immersive capacity-building program for schools and youth-serving organizations across the country looking to
accelerate college and career readiness for their young people.