Academic Data Technician - Graduate and Professional Registrar|
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Academic Records Specialists and the Assistant Registrars with the authentication, accuracy and correction of academic records and with critical processes and services. This position also serves as the primary back-up for the transcript coordinator position.
* Bachelorís degree required.
* Two to three years of professional experience working in a data entry environment. Experience in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred.
* Maintains Office of the Registrarís primary email address which includes, but is not limited to filtering email to staff, responding to general student questions, printing and filtering documentation to staff and student employees. Manages the Zendesk and Formstack system which is critical to support student enrollment and foster academic success.
* Authenticates and corrects when necessary graduate and professional academic records using a variety of reports, logs and transcripts.
* Inputs certification completion milestones on student transcripts.
* Coordinates grade change workflow processes for all graduate and professional student records, which includes recording grades and explaining academic policies related to grading to faculty and staff. Also follows up on late and/or missing grades and communicates with professors, administrative assistants, and chairs when deadlines are not met.
* Manages the process of recording and tracking incomplete grades.
* Maintains open and appropriate communication with Academic Records Specialists regarding grading for student groups.
* Informs the Assistant Registrars of problems related to student academic records.
* Evaluates APU graduate substitution and transfer credit requests based on university policy in conjunction with program department approval, and collaborates with Academic Records Specialists to communicate decisions.
* Manages the workflow of initial intake of Intent to Commence and/or Graduate form, which includes charging student intent fees, confirming with studentís receipt of the submission, tracking number of intents, and delivering the forms electronically to the appropriate Academic Records Specialist for the next step in the process.
* Manages Leave of Absence workflow, in adherence with university policy, and communicates decision to students.
* Serves to cover the primary duties of the Graduate and Professional Transcript Coordinator in their absence in order to fulfill studentís transcript requests in a timely manner.
* Serves as the Document Solutions point of contact in the Office of the Registrar regarding document classification for archiving.
* Manages diploma orders once a term for graduate students who qualify, and re-ordering as necessary.
* Assists with Commencement planning and execution, and is required to work all commencement events (Winter and Spring) of each calendar year.
* Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity.
* Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of one's role and through the university's daily living expectations.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as required by the Assistant Registrar.
* Excellent organizational, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in the use of the PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office products and Gmail.
* Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
* Knowledge of office operations.
* Able to participate in developing processes to meet the records needs of diverse programs.
* Analysis and strategy skills.
* Work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Work effectively with other staff.
* Judgment and discretion skills.
* Sitting for extended periods of time, and repetitive motions for operating computer mouse and keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on telephone.
* Ability to lift, pull, bend, grasp and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs, reach top of four-drawer file cabinet.
* Attend meetings on other campus locations.
* Computer monitor and reading.
* Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.